Dear Runners, we have a resource page for you - but we recommend you take a look at some of the articles below to understand what goes into a race and why this is such a difficult time for RD's.
- RunSignup "Looking Forward" Draft Guidelines for Races
- The Race Directors Hub Facebook Group - for discussions on everything
- Race Directors HQ - with the FB Group, general resources for all RD's (many focused on Coronavirus now)
- RunningUSA - Resources and statements from many race organizations
- Running USA - webinar recordings
- RunningUSA - Virtual Race Camp on Race Industry Business Survival during the Outbreak
- RunSignUp - on the effects of Coronavirus
- Tips for this 'off-season' from Race Directors HQ - also good in any off-season
- On Path Events "Cancelled Events" Data list - shows what different races are offering and when they postpone to.
- Endurance Sportswire - the news source for everything
- Endurance Sports Coalition - Heavy hitters in the industry banding together to hire lobbyists and lobby Congress for relief for Endurance.
- Letsrun.com and mybestruns.com - established forums for all things Running
- Let's Do This - Virtual Events Solution
- Race Directors HQ - How to Organize a Virtual Race
- From Endurance Sportswire - RunSignup Announces RaceDay Experience for Virtual Events
- Motigo - mobile / social app to connect runners to their supporters.
- RunBetter app that lets runners run your course from any treadmill.
- Offerz.me Virtual Race Bags - sister company of Pic2Go + RunPage, digital platforms that supplement the race experience.
Articles / Blog Posts and good communications examples:
(You can also browse the "For Runners" section for a lot of examples)
Outbreak Prevention Taskforce launches online risk assessment tool for endurance event organisers
Event professionals have been watching the protests to see what the effect on these outdoor gatherings would be. Slate talks…
The podcast where we discuss issues and news in the road race industry and get to know some of the…
More than a virtual run – a virtual race-day experience with video, live announcing, and interviews! Several other virtual runs…
From Runner’s World – tagline “Small events could be held this summer, but normalcy is likely a long way away.”
Organizing bodies take the first steps in establishing best practices for races to continue and scale back up during the…
Chris Robb, one of the leading figures in the worldwide mass participant event industry, hosts this podcast to interview various…
SportsTravel Podcast – While the entire sports-event industry has attempted to navigate the recent weeks of the coronavirus pandemic and…