Dear Runners, we have a resource page for you - but we recommend you take a look at some of the articles below to understand what goes into a race and why this is such a difficult time for RD's.
- RunSignup "Looking Forward" Draft Guidelines for Races
- The Race Directors Hub Facebook Group - for discussions on everything
- Race Directors HQ - with the FB Group, general resources for all RD's (many focused on Coronavirus now)
- RunningUSA - Resources and statements from many race organizations
- Running USA - webinar recordings
- RunningUSA - Virtual Race Camp on Race Industry Business Survival during the Outbreak
- RunSignUp - on the effects of Coronavirus
- Tips for this 'off-season' from Race Directors HQ - also good in any off-season
- On Path Events "Cancelled Events" Data list - shows what different races are offering and when they postpone to.
- Endurance Sportswire - the news source for everything
- Endurance Sports Coalition - Heavy hitters in the industry banding together to hire lobbyists and lobby Congress for relief for Endurance.
- Letsrun.com and mybestruns.com - established forums for all things Running
- Let's Do This - Virtual Events Solution
- Race Directors HQ - How to Organize a Virtual Race
- From Endurance Sportswire - RunSignup Announces RaceDay Experience for Virtual Events
- Motigo - mobile / social app to connect runners to their supporters.
- RunBetter app that lets runners run your course from any treadmill.
- Offerz.me Virtual Race Bags - sister company of Pic2Go + RunPage, digital platforms that supplement the race experience.
Articles / Blog Posts and good communications examples:
(You can also browse the "For Runners" section for a lot of examples)
SportsTravel Podcast – While the entire sports-event industry has attempted to navigate the recent weeks of the coronavirus pandemic and…
Critical Analysis of the now viral article.
From Jen Miller, includes examples of various series and the evolution of virtual run trends.
Stats from RunRepeat, a 12,913 Person Study
Collective initiative will leverage existing runner networks to recruit and support NEW runners to the sport
From a study done pre-Coronavirus, interesting trends and stats on why runners choose virtual.
3 great pages of explanation on what goes into cancelling a race, from one of the largest races in the…
Featuring Jamil Coury, Aravaipa Racing
From the Shakeout Podcast, with Calgary’s Kirsten Fleming, Canada Running Series’ Alan Brookes, and Nancy Holland of Run Nova Scotia
Another great one from a good size event, sincere and heartfelt to the community.