Dear Runners, we have a resource page for you - but we recommend you take a look at some of the articles below to understand what goes into a race and why this is such a difficult time for RD's.
- RunSignup "Looking Forward" Draft Guidelines for Races
- The Race Directors Hub Facebook Group - for discussions on everything
- Race Directors HQ - with the FB Group, general resources for all RD's (many focused on Coronavirus now)
- RunningUSA - Resources and statements from many race organizations
- Running USA - webinar recordings
- RunningUSA - Virtual Race Camp on Race Industry Business Survival during the Outbreak
- RunSignUp - on the effects of Coronavirus
- Tips for this 'off-season' from Race Directors HQ - also good in any off-season
- On Path Events "Cancelled Events" Data list - shows what different races are offering and when they postpone to.
- Endurance Sportswire - the news source for everything
- Endurance Sports Coalition - Heavy hitters in the industry banding together to hire lobbyists and lobby Congress for relief for Endurance.
- Letsrun.com and mybestruns.com - established forums for all things Running
- Let's Do This - Virtual Events Solution
- Race Directors HQ - How to Organize a Virtual Race
- From Endurance Sportswire - RunSignup Announces RaceDay Experience for Virtual Events
- Motigo - mobile / social app to connect runners to their supporters.
- RunBetter app that lets runners run your course from any treadmill.
- Offerz.me Virtual Race Bags - sister company of Pic2Go + RunPage, digital platforms that supplement the race experience.
Articles / Blog Posts and good communications examples:
(You can also browse the "For Runners" section for a lot of examples)
Popular Race Site RaceRaves gives good advice on the emotions we feel, and the steps to take when a race…
Early Coverage by Runnersweb of the cancellations
John Lacroix of Human Potential Running Series talks in an early article about cancellations and how some RDs were facing…
Atlanta RD + Runningnerd Temilola talks as a runner and RD and covers a number of good speculation points. (13…
From the Norman (OK) Transcript, Joe Buettner. An example on how freelancers (photographers in this case) lose out.
Ryan Heisler, RD of the Hartford Quarter Marathon explains the process, thoughts, and costs of cancellation.
Race Cancellations and COVID-19
Rhode Races RD Susan Rancourt talks from the heart as a runner, about her feelings on seeing races cancelled in…